1841 Census - Oliver JONES

2 replies [Last post]
Terry Lloyd

I'm trying to locate Oliver JONES (b1780) on the 1841 census but had no joy.  I've found him on the 1851 census at The Rock, Ketley & have his death certificate/burial entry in 1852 with the same address.  I've also found the baptism records for several of his children in 1826 in Dawley with residence also recorded at the Rock.  Anyone have any ideas why I can't trace him?  Thanks

Michael J Hulme

Hello Terry

As far as I can see, in the 1841 census, The Rock starts at HO.107/907/5 folio 34 page 14

This link should take you to the first page image on Find my Past and this link to the same page on Ancestry.

I suggest you go through the images (not the transcripts) one by one, first of all making sure there are no pages missing in the sequence by checking the page numbers top centre, and secondly looking for any entry which looks like your family but could have been wrongly transcribed.

Of course it is always your family who manage to escape the census enumerator so they just don't appear at all - sod's law?

Mike

Terry Lloyd

Hello Mike,

Thank you for the reply.  It is infuriating when they go missing or are recorded with a different name but hopefully they will make an appearance.  Once again thanks.