Amelia Emma JONES early 1800s Shrewsbury

1 reply [Last post]
KathyS

My great great grandmother Amelia Emma LEWIS 1842-1886 was almost certainly named after Amelia Emma JONES who witnessed the marriage of her parents William LEWIS and Mary LEWIS in 1842 (St Julian's Shrewsbury). I have traced William LEWIS's family back several generations in and around Church Stretton but not succeeded in tracing Mary's origins. She gave her father as Edward LEWIS farmer and on various censuses she said she was born in either Newtown or Montgomery but at dates varying between 1813 and 1819. In an effort to find her I have been looking for Amelia Emma JONES (who may have been her sister) but I have been unable to identify her on Ancestry. Does she belong in anyone's tree? Can anyone link her to Mary LEWIS?

I live in Cheshire and have a lot of information on the Church Stretton LEWIS family that I could share.

CarmenL

Some information regarding the Church Stretton LEWIS family would be very helpful to me.

Do you have any sibling names of Amelia Emma LEWIS? Because I have traced my family and my great-great-great grandfather Alfred LEWIS had a sister Amelia LEWIS, and their parents were William and Mary LEWIS. I only deduced this from census available online. I do know that Alfred was from Shropshire/Church Stretton. The birth dates I have: Alfred LEWIS approx. 1850, Amelia LEWIS approx. 1843, Mary LEWIS (unknown maidename) approx. 1819 and William LEWIS approx. 1822.

Alfred and Amelia had (as far as I know) two other siblings, Maria LEWIS (b. approx. 1845) and John LEWIS (b. approx. 1848), all born in Salop/Shropshire.

Unfortunately, I have nothing before William and Mary LEWIS.