Marriage of Samuel POOLE and Ann FELTON in 1838

2 replies [Last post]
PhilPoole

I've found an image of the Marriage Banns of Samuel POOLE and Ann FELTON at Malinslee on 14th, 21st and 28th January 1838 on the Findmypast website, but there is no corresponding image of the marriage record. The familysearch.org website (i.e. Latter Day Saints) has a record of the marriage occurring at Malinslee on 14th January 1838, which could simply refer to the first reading of the Banns. I've searched the GRO website for a marriage, but no joy.  I'm wondering if Banns were read but no marriage occurred. Is there any way of determining whether Samuel and Ann did marry?

Phil Poole

Michael J Hulme

Hello Phil

Whilst it is always possible there was a clerical error and the marriage was not recorded I am inclined to think they probably changed their minds because I can't find any trace of a suitable couple in the census indexes.  You might like to search the census to see if he turns up as a single person.

Mike

PhilPoole

Thanks Mike.

I agree with your thinking. In fact I wonder if Samuel went awol as I haven't been able to find him in any Census record. Next step is to try criminal records! 

Unfortunately I don't have any more info on Ann FELTON, and as her forename and surname were not uncommon in Shropshire it would be pure guesswork to say which other records pertian to her.

Refgards

Phil