Trying to trace my daughter born in the early 1970's

2 replies [Last post]
Sammy

Hi my name is Philip Golding (Sam) I was going out with a girl Gillian Lynne PROBERT. We had a baby girl in the early 70s. I think her father sent her to the unmarried mothers home in Horsehays. She had her adopted without me knowing. I'm desperately trying to find her. Gillian I'm afraid is dead now but can remember the people were from Sheffield don't know where to go from here. Please any help

Michael J Hulme

Hello Sammy

I think you should contact Shropshire Council initially as they are likely to have paperwork relating to the child's birth and presumably subsequent adoption.

First of all try the Shropshire Council web site where there is an 0800 contact number and they should at least be able to point you in the right direction.

The above site includes a link to a site called Together4Children. There is a telephone number and a Contact Us at the bottom of the page.

Hopefully the above web sites should be able to steer you in the correct direction.

Mike

dcdewick

Check out this link:

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

You can place your details on one part of the register. If your daughter has placed her details on the other part indicating that she is willing to be contacted, you should get a match. This assumes your daughter knows she has been adopted, wants to get in touch, and has discovered this register.

David