Emily Elizabeth WATKINS born Oswestry 1885

3 replies [Last post]
JanisT

I am looking for information about Emily Elizabeth Watkins who was born in Oswestry in 1885. She married and moved to America where she had 3 children and then sadly died.  Her husband came back to to the UK and brought the children up in Lancashire where he came from.  Emily was one of 9 children who lived in the Oswestry district somewhere, but I have been unable to trace any information about the family.

She is my Husband's Grandmother.

Any information would be appreciated.

Janis

This text has been moved to a new thread because it does not appear to relate to the people in the thread where it was originally placed.

Admin

angela35

Her marriage to HERBERT ROWLANDS gave her name as ; ELIZABETH E WATKINS ; You could send for marr cert via GRO http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/. Reference is; They split up births/marr/deaths up into Qtrs so the marriage from Oct-Dec in 1921 this reference will be ; DEC 1921 OSWESTRY 6A 1570 I can't find a birth or a census result for her with either names, but this marriage might help get back further Angela

angela35

I have found Herbert Rowland's on 1911 census. If marriage cert says Father is; WILLIAM ROWLAND'S OCC; RAILWAY WORKER/LABOURER THEN THAT IS CORRECT MARRIAGE but in 1901 William Rowland's was a Blacksmith.

You say that he came back to England after wife died, what year? Is this his death?

Name: Herbert Rowlands
Mar 1969
Oswestry
9a 164

Angela

angela35

This COULD be her in 1891 census;

Name Relation Condition Sex Age Birth Year Occupation
Disability Where born Image
WATKINS, Edward Head Married M 46 1845 Labourer
Denbighshire VIEW
WATKINS, Jane Wife Married F 39 1852
Denbighshire VIEW
WATKINS, Ann Daughter F 13 1878 Scholar
Shropshire VIEW
WATKINS, Emily Daughter F 8 1883 Scholar
Shropshire VIEW Piece: 2114 Folio: 71 Page: 8 Registration District: Oswestry Civil Parish: Ruyton Municipal Borough: Address: Blackbury Hill, Ruyton County: Shropshire

So, you know her husbands name, when you send for marriage cert, hopefully, it should come back with her Fathers name being this.

Hope that helps.
Angela