FTM 2019

5 replies [Last post]
baz

i had to have a new one as old one would not work on new comp. i am trying tp publish on a tree the individual and shared facts but cannot see how to. this contains from old version  details from census where he worked age etc.

Michael J Hulme

Hello Baz

Which version of Family Tree Maker did you have on your old computer and which version have you got on your new computer?

I assume you are now using Windows 11.

Mike

baz

Sorry cannot find old copy. I have latest windows and latest ftm. It shows on screen under individual and shared facts but cannot find button to open to put on publish items

Michael J Hulme

I rang Baz so we could go through this together and eventually discovered the solution as follows.

Select an individual.

Click the 'Publish' button at the top centre of the screen.

On the right hand side of the screen the panel is headed 'Descendant Report Options' and below these words there are seven buttons. The one on the extreme left produces 'Items to include'.

Clicking the 'Items to Include' button brings up a panel with Name, Birth, Marriage and Death in the white box on the left. If you want to add to these four 'Included facts' click on the blue plus sign immediately to the right and this brings up a long list of available facts for you to select.  Select them one at a time or hold down the 'Ctrl' key and click each of the ones you want and then click 'OK'.

Once you have added your new facts you can move them up and down the list by clicking a single fact and then using the Up and Down arrows to the right. You can delete a fact with the red 'X'. You cannot move any of your new facts above 'Death' from the original list.

Mike

baz

Thanks for the help Mike, need awet day now????

baz

Please remember to save report settings as i didnt and had to put all settings back in☹️